July 26, 2009

Camping With The Cub Scouts

This weekend we went to Jackson Lake and camped with the Cub Scouts. Only about half of the pack came, and it was a blast. I had never camped with a group of people before so this was all new to me. I think things went fairly smoothly with meal preparation, cleanup, pack time and family time.
Lyndall set his tent up with the help of Dad, I think Sable was supervisor.
Since Lyndall couldn't go swimming, we played in the sand..

...caught toads and went fishing.

Lyndall became a junior Webelos...

...Sable got her own pack shirt.

They performed a flag retirement ceremony with some of their flags and with some of the parks flags. A few park rangers had come to see this as well. This was my first time I have ever been to one of these. Lyndall was chosen to hold the scout flag during the ceremony, and I think that the whole thing kind of got to him, he looked sad.


Of course we had smores and...



A beautiful sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics