March 26, 2009

Northglenn Through Trails

On Sunday the family decided to go out on some of the trails around our house. A lot of them start at Webster Lake and split off into different directions. The kids and I have gone down a couple of them but not very far. So on Sunday Steve went with us. We started at out house, went pass Webster Lake and beyond the Rec Center, there is a tunnel that takes you under I-25 (one of the kids favorite parts) and out to the RTD Park and Ride. We went to Huron and 117th and then back to Webster Lake. From there we took a trail that follows I-25 almost to 104th, then we took the trail up to Washington and back home to 117th, grabbed my shoes and then we went over to Albertsons for some shopping for dinner, then back home. Over all it was a 5 1/2 mile ride. Not bad with the kids. Everyone was quite tired, the kids and Steve rode their bikes and I skated to keep up with them. At times I got stuck pushing Sable up the hills on her bike, whew what a work out. If its nice again this weekend we will try out some more trails.

The yellow is where we went, the pink is where I want to go next time. I know the map sucks.

1 comment:

Web Analytics